A few hours back, Samsung officially launched the new Galaxy Note 8 with everything pretty much ‘BIG’.
After confronting one of the most disastrous periods in the history of consumer electronics, Samsung was in a tight position when it made a complete recall to all the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 which were causing explosions due to poor battery circuit design.
The Galaxy Note 8 is here, and Samsung is hopeful that consumers who appreciate the Note’s features and its signature stylus will be willing to give the brand another chance. The Note 8 will be released in stores on September 15th.
GALAXY NOTE 8 SPECS
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960×1440) Super AMOLED 4K
- Capacitive Touchscreen
- US: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Octa Core 2.9 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad Core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57
- 64GB (US) / 128GB / 256GB
- microSD expansion
- Back: Dual 12MP cameras with OIS. Wide-angle f/1.7, telephoto f/2.4
- Front: 8MP f/1.7
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh Battery
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 4G: VoLTE
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Wireless charging
- NFC and MST for Samsung Pay
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Bluetooth 5.0
- LTE Cat. 16
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Samsung has equipped the Note 8 with two 12-megapixel cameras. The regular/wide-angle lens has an aperture of f/1.6, and the telephoto lens is f/2.4. But in what Samsung claims to be an industry first, both sensors offer optical image stabilization.
The expected price in India will be Rs. 73,999.