Who doesn’t like music? Of course, we also love LEDs. So two favorite stuff combined in a single project! Sounds fun. 😀
In this article, you will get to know how to make VU (Volume Unit) Meter using Arduino. So let’s begin!
- Step 1: Components required
2. LEDs (10)
3. 100Ω resistors (10)
4. Connecting Wires and Crocodile Clip
5. RCA cable
6. Arduino UNO
- Step 2: Write the code
The link for the code of this project is given in the description of this video in YouTube.
Upload the code after selecting proper Board and Serial port.
- Step 3: Make the circuit
1. Put all the cathodes in the negative rail and connect it to GND
2. Connect all the 100Ω resistors => anode of each LEDs
3. Connect the digital pins of Arduino UNO (for our model, pin 3 to 12) => 100Ω resistors using connecting wires. The digital pins will act as a positive voltage to the LEDs
4. Use red and black crocodile clip to connect => pins A0 (analog pin) and GND respectively
5. Connect the GND (black) crocodile clip => audio ground and A0 (red) crocodile clip => audio channel
6. The main circuit is complete. Now insert the 3.5mm jack to your mobile or iPod and play any music
If you have any problem, then take a look at the video.
It’s show time! Your project is ready. Enjoy! 🙂